var date = document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); document.getElementById("year").innerHTML = date;

1. Complete site assessment

2. Demolition permits, Fees and Asbestos

3. Temporary fencing

4. Water meter

5. Tree Removal

6. Disconnection of services

7. Don’t demolish straight away

___     ___


Complete site assessment

Arden Vale Homes will arrange to conduct an extensive site assessment. Your site assessment will include site accessibility (this covers the access for construction on all four boundary sides), the fall across block, location of any trees and overhead power lines that will need to be assessed for site access as well as traffic management. We also assess neighbouring properties and check potential impacts of the new dwelling’s proposed orientation.

___     ___


Demolition permits, Fees and Asbestos

You will be required to obtain a Permit through Council prior to the commencement of your demolition. An application fee along with a bond will be required to be paid which covers any damage to existing council infrastructure, such as footpaths, nature strips and driveway crossovers.

Your demolition contractor will need to apply for a Demolition Permit from your Council. Once an application is made this can take up to 28 days to issue. Should your existing dwelling or the overall site contain asbestos, your demolition contractor will be required to remove this and provide you with a Proof of Removal certificate. You will need to provide Arden vale Homes with a copy of your demolition permit prior to the commencement of construction.

___     ___


Temporary fencing

Existing side and back fencing will need to be assessed and may need to be removed for access reasons, which means you should discuss this with your neighbours ahead of time. Front fences will be demolished with the house, including the footings. Information regarding the specifics of your fencing will be provided to you at your tender appointment. Your demolition contractor will organise temporary fencing during your demolition phase. This temporary fencing will be required to be removed prior to Arden vale Homes commencing construction. We can assist in providing temporary fencing during your new home construction.

___     ___


Water meter

These can easily be damaged during the demolition period and they are expensive to replace. We highly recommend you talk to your demolition contractor and ask them to take steps to guarantee the protection of your meter during demolition. It will need to be capped while the old home is removed.

___     ___


Tree Removal

Is there a vegetation overlay? Permits may be required to remove any trees that are in the area. If a permit is required, you will need to arrange an application with your local Council. In some cases, Council may require an Arborist Report which they can arrange on your behalf or alternatively, you can arrange for your own arborist and supply their report with your application. Generally speaking, if you have a Vegetation Protection Overlay a permit will be required to remove a tree that is over and above 10 metres with a diameter of 0.5 metres and at a nominated distance of 1.5 metres from ground level. Also new building requirements suggest having large trees beside your new home can be damaging to the foundations in dry seasons.

___     ___


Disconnection of services

Before any demolition can commence, you need to:

  • Ensure all existing services are disconnected.
  • Contact your utility supplier to have the Gas disconnected and capped.
  • Contact your utility supplier to have the Electricity disconnected and removed back to the pole.
  • Contact a registered plumber to remove the sewer back to the tie locations and cap.
  • New sewer points may be required during construction.
  • Contact a registered plumber to remove all storm water drains back to the legal point of discharge, or to the title boundary if they are outside the property.

___     ___


Don’t demolish straight away

Demolition should only commence once Arden Vale Homes has applied for your building permit. This will be applied for the day you sign your contract. It will then take approximately 3 to 5 days after the signing of your contract to receive a checklist with the items required to be completed/provided prior to obtaining your building permit. Your Building Coordinator will contact you once this is received and assessed to confirm the commencement of demolition.



17 Long Street, Rangeville Queensland 4350 PO Box 7337 Toowoomba South, Queensland 4350


Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM  


332 Ramsay St, Middle Ridge, Toowoomba, Queensland 4350


Open 7 Days 10 AM - 4 PM